Imam Ali ibn Musa al-Ridha (AS) said: “Whoever spends his nights in worship during the month of Ramadan and spends his days in fasting, but then his deeds do not restrain him from vain talk and committing sins, then Allah will not accept his fast, his worship at night, nor his good deeds. The one who fasts is in a state of worship as long as he does not backbite or do anything else that is prohibited.” – Bihar al-Anwar
Ramadan is a month of self-reflection, self-control, and spiritual rejuvenation. For Muslims, it is a time of fasting from dawn until sunset, where the focus is on prayer, charity, and good deeds. But what about our hobbies? Is it possible to enjoy playing video games during this month without neglecting our spiritual duties?
As a former gaming addict myself, I understand the struggle of balancing faith and fun. I used to spend hours upon hours playing video games, neglecting my prayers and other important aspects of my life. It wasn’t until I realized the importance of self-control that I was able to break free from my addiction.
Here are some tips on how to balance gaming with your spiritual duties during Ramadan:
- Prioritize your prayers and other religious obligations first. Make sure you are fulfilling your religious duties before indulging in video games.
- Limit your gaming time. Set a specific amount of time each day for gaming and stick to it. Remember, moderation is key.
- Choose games that do not contain vulgar language, violence, or other inappropriate content.
- Use halal gaming as a way to bond with family and friends. Entertainment is a good way of socializing, as long as it’s permissible entertainment.
- Take breaks during gaming to perform voluntary acts of worship, such as reading Quran or making dua.
- Avoid gaming during the last ten days of Ramadan, as this is the most sacred time of the month and should be devoted to prayer and worship.
By following these tips, you can enjoy gaming while still upholding your religious obligations. Remember, Ramadan is a time for self-reflection and spiritual growth, and our hobbies should not hinder our progress.
If you’re looking for a game that positive themes such as self reflection, check out Beware. This 2D action platformer, inspired by games like Thomas Was Alone and Celeste, encourages players to overcome challenges with perseverance and determination. Add Beware to your Steam wishlist today and experience a game that aligns with your spiritual goals.